Region of Peel Material Recovery Facility Tour
Learn more about how blue box materials are recycled.
November 2, 2022
Two tours available.
10:15am – 11:45am: Welcome and Tour
1:00pm – 2:30pm: Welcome and Tour
Region of Peel MRF
7795 Torbram Road
$65 CAD plus applicable taxes.
Open to PAC Global Members only.
One attendee per company.
Material Recovery Facility (MRF) details:
- The Region of Peel’s MRF is one of the largest of its kind in Canada with 80,000+ square feet of operational space
- The state of the art MRF is designed to process 120,000+ tonnes of Blue Box recyclables per year
- The MRF recently underwent significant upgrades to its equipment, including the installation of 10 new optical sorters that use a unique infrared light to sort and detect different recyclables
- The major equipment retrofits will increase the amount of recyclables recovered and marketed, keeping even more recyclables out of landfill
- The retrofits will allow the Region of Peel to face new challenges, including managing newer types of consumer packaging that are more difficult to recycle, and meet industry demand to provide higher quality post-consumer recyclables
Come see and hear:
- What happens at the facility? E.g. what an optical sorter does?
- What happens to the packaging materials that are recyclable?
- Learn about problematic packaging materials and potential solutions
- Due to limited capacity, this event is open to PAC Global Members only. One person per company.
- Attendees are required to wear long pants (no leather), and CSA Approved Footwear – must provide your own.
- If you have your own hard hat, vest, and safety glasses please bring.
- Hosting companies/organizations have the right to allow or deny participation on plant tours
- You must pre-register to attend. No walk-ins will be permitted