- Qualify and monitor suppliers based on capabilities and performance. View Patrick’s Plan for Qualification & Monitoring of Suppliers for Plastics Packaging
- Supplier evaluations include self-assessments, visits, audits, and certifications.
- Evaluate raw materials, additives, inputs, and packaging for suitability and intended use.
- Trust but verify certificates of analysis and check incoming materials for compliance.
- Keep score and look for opportunities to reduce costs throughout the supply system.
- Understand legal and ethical obligations by actively listening to customers.
- Change mindset from ‘we are in the packaging industry’ to ‘we are in the food/pharmaceutical’ industry.
- Integrate the product safety management system into the existing business system framework. Keep it simple.
- Follow John’s Big Eight Elements of the Product Safety Management System.
- Initiate pre-audit preparations well before the certification audit. Consider training, site assessment and monitoring, and audit support.
This webinar is brought to you by IFS International Featured Standards
IFS develops globally recognized product quality and safety standards and offers tools and guidance to help quality managers work efficiently. Our goal is to provide the best safety and quality management system so that consumers can trust the products they buy. Learn More.